Our technical and nautical team are continuously developing new designs and improving technical solutions onboard the vessels. Our recent innovations include the following
- Development of the world’s first LNG powered escort tugs (the T/B Borgøy and T/B Bokn) for the Kaarstoe terminal. The LNG system is designed by AGA Cryo and comprises an 80m3 LNG tank, two cold boxes and bunkering system. The tugs have DnV Gas fuelled notation.
- High performance escort tugs. An “egg” shaped hull powered by voith propulsion can generate DnV classified steering force of 160 tonnes at a speed of 10 knots. The voith propeller offers increased water inflow to the propeller during escort mode.
- Cutting 25% of fuel consumption on pilot boat operations by implementation of Volvo’s IPS propulsion and weight control by dynamic loading conditions.
- Our next generation low emission escort tugs T/B Bamse and T/B Bob with IMO Tier III emission compliance is illustrated below.
- We are presently building a zero emission harbour tug. The Electra is fully powered with a 1720 kWh Corvus battery pack and will have 45 tonnes BP.