The QHSE policy is built on the following principles:
- No business goals are more important than safeguarding the life and health of personnel and the protection of the environment
- Accidents can be avoided
- Safety shall come first in all operations
- Every individual is responsible for the quality of his/her own work, ensuring that operations are performed in a safe way without endangering his/her own life or health, or that of others
- Maintain a quality assurance system and routines for a safety and efficiency an all operations
- Continuously work for an increased understanding of how the environment is affected and striving for continuous improvement toward a cleaner environment
- We respect and support fundamental human rights as set out in international conventions and comply with the Norwegian Transparency Act to ensure transparency and accountability in our activities
Our objectives are:
- To create a healthy working environment, which is stimulating for everyone
- To strive persistently and with determination to avoid all undesirable events in our operations and elsewhere. To cooperate with our customers and suppliers to achieve common attitudes and goals within QHSE
- To strive for a continuous improvement of our QHSE performance
We comply with all applicable legislations and regulations related to ISM as well as NS-ISO 14001. ISO 9001 and MLC2006. Annual audits and reviews are performed by DnVGL.
The ISO 14001 standard specifies requirements for establishing environmentally friendly policies, procedures and goals. The Company is committed to conducting its operations in a manner that protects the environment, conserves energy and uses natural resources wisely. To do this, the company has established an environmental management system (EMS) in accordance with the standards as set forth in the ISO 14001 specifications. Through the Company’s Operation Manuals, the policies and objectives are implemented onboard our vessels. The Operating Manuals contain detailed descriptions of safe and effective operations, while taking into consideration the crew’s health as well as environmental protection.
BB is qualified in the Achilles Joint Qualification System and the EPIM JQS for suppliers to the oil industry in Europe (www.achilles.com and epim.no).